Thursday, January 17, 2013
[News] TVXQ, 2AM and more in this week's Oricon charts
The year is only just starting again and with that most Korean artists seem to be focusing on promotions in their home country. Though not many new releases can be found in the charts for January up until now, groups like 2AM, Girls’ Generation and TVXQ ended up in the rankings with various releases.
The daily single rankings include TVXQ’s newest single, a Japanese version of their Korean track “Catch Me.” The single sold 84,666 copies on its first day and took home the top position for that day. On the 13th spot is the newest release of Johnhoon, a Korean singer whose promotions are mainly done in Japan.
For the daily album ranking as well as the weekly single ranking, there were no Korean artists to be found. The weekly album ranking features Girls’ Generations’ Korean release “I Got a Boy.” It sold 15,828 copies in Japan since January 9th. Closely following on a 10th spot is 2AM’s first Japanese full length album “VOICE.” The album, which was released a week ago, sol 11,664 copies since.
The next coming weeks include releases by various other artists including, Puretty (01/30), The Boss (02/06), CODE-V (02/06), U-Kiss (02/13), 2PM (02/13) and Daesung (02/27) among others.
01. TVXQ – Catch Me -If you wanna- (01/16) 84,666 copies
13. Johnhoon – Futari Kinenbi
07. Girls’ Generation – I Got a Boy (01/09) 15,828 copies Korean Release
10. 2AM – Voice (01/09) 11,664 copies
31. Girls’ Generation – Girls’ Generation II ~Girls & Peace~ (11/28) 3,189 copies
35. Big Bang – SPECIAL FINAL IN DOME MEMORIAL COLLECTION (12/05) 2,816 copies
Source: Single (Daily & Weekly), Album (Daily & Weekly)