Monday, December 16, 2013

[News] SHINee’s Jonghyun and 2PM’s Chansung Support the ‘I’m Not Doing Okay’ Movement


With a new social movement that has been growing in the past several days, SHINee’s Jonghyun and 2PM’s Chansung have shown their support to the people fighting against injustice.

SHINee’s Jonghyun and 2PM’s Chansung Support the ‘I’m Not Doing Okay’ Movement

On December 14, a Korea University student, Joo Hyun Woo, posted up a large handwritten poster on campus, asking if people were doing okay, because he wasn’t.

He addressed the current issue of railroad workers going on strike over the assumed governmental plan to privatize a planned subsidiary of the Korea Railroad Corp, as well as a fixed presidential election, and other current events that present a display of injustice and censorship.

The 'I'm Not Okay' hand-written posters caught on as more and more college students began to express their unhappiness with the current society.

Kang Eun Ha, a transgender bisexual college student, also pinned up her own powerful handwritten poster, speaking out against society, who has shown injustice and discrimination against the sexual minority youth.


To her surprise, her poster became the new Twitter profile photo of Jonghyun, bringing more attention to the issue.

Kang Eun Ha later revealed that Jonghyun has privately messaged her, saying, “I’m sending you a message just in case you receive unwanted attention or backlash with my Twitter. I support you. As a celebrity, as a different kind of public minority, I understand the disappointment of a world that doesn’t accept differences. Although, I’m sure that my feelings are nothing compared to yours.

He continued, “I support you in the way that you are rightly shouting that being different is not wrong. I don’t believe that you are a person in need of comfort of worries because you are that much of a strong person. I hope that you will remain healthy and have a warm rest of the year.

2PM’s Chansung also showed his support, tweeting on December 15, “This is dangerous, just dangerous. So I’m not doing okay.


Source: mwave via Kang Eun Ha’s Twitter & Chansung’s Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment