Saturday, November 30, 2013

[Interview][ENG] Hanryu Pia Magazine - Nov 2013 Issue - Special Interview w/ 2PM Chansung


Special Interview with Chansung (2PM)
[“I want to protect things that need to be protected.” An honest personality like his is really charismatic]

Profile
Born on February 11, 1990. Debuted in 2008 as a member of 2PM. After debuting as a male actor in <Unstoppable, High Kick> (2006), apart from music, he has been developing and advancing in many other areas.

Romance, comedy, action -- a well-developed project that involves many eye-catching scenes

As a remake of the hit film <My Girlfriend Is an Agent> in 2009, the drama series <Level 7 Civil Servant> was introduced in 2013. It unveils the unknown, mysterious side of the mask worn by NIS (National Intelligence Service) agents in an informative manner as well as expressing the various troubles and love stories developed by the main characters through the light and humorous plot. As a result, the drama has become the latest discussion topic among the public. In this drama, the protagonist, Han Gil Ro (played by Joo Won) and Kim Seo Won (played by Choi Kang Hee) are rookie NSI agents, alongside the ace agent from the Special Forces – Gong Doha who is played by 2PM’s Chansung.

Gong Doha as a character is a reserved person. Always wanting to protect what he thinks needs protecting and he has a ‘no-compromise' honest personality. Sometimes it makes him seem extremely cool and charismatic but sometimes it makes you think, 'Ah, can you not be that extreme?' You would feel concerned for this character (laughs). As I was acting out as Gong Doha, I studied Jason Bourne (played by Matt Damon) in <The Bourne> series. Although he seemed pretty ordinary, he was able to reveal a hidden kind of charisma… I studied that sort of feeling and appeal. But I’m not sure whether I was able to replicate to that standard or not (laughs). I will have to rely on the audience’s comments (laughs)."

Chansung, whose character is a very capable yet reserved and strict agent, shows a very different image in the drama compared to the cheerful and outgoing personality everyone is used to seeing on variety programs. The common factor between Gong Doha and Chansung is that both guys are not good at lying.

What's similar between me and Gong Doha is that we’re both very bad at lying. Personally, I’m not good at making up lies. Even if I try, I’d be caught right away (laughs). Then I’d apologize immediately saying, “I’m so sorry.” (laughs) I think that we're quite similar on that point. But I’m not like Gong Doha who doesn’t understand the concept of compromise. If I ever feel that I can learn something useful, even if I have to change my original mindset and perspective, I will compromise and learn as much as I can. However, Gong Doha is a person will never compromise with himself. He will follow his original ways of thinking and values to the very end, never willing to do anything that defies his values or beliefs. Yet this may also be the reason why this character, Gong Doha, is full of charisma.

Chansung debuted as a male actor back in 2006 but this is the first time that he's acting out a love story. Chansung shyly admitted, “Because it’s my first time participating in a love story, I really didn’t know how to express each line with the passion and emotion that was necessary.” Chansung’s character gets involved in a complex relationship involving Joo Won and Choi Kang Hee as well as having love lines between Choi Kang Hee and Kim Min Seo.

(To be able to get involved in a love triangle relationship, Gong Doha is) a very lucky person ~ (laughs). You may live several lifetimes and still never be such a situation (laughs). But if it was me… hmmm... how should I say this? I wouldn’t maintain such a dubious relationship with both females and continue to be so indecisive, instead I would sincerely analyze my own feelings and decide which one I truly love the most.

On that note, what qualities in a female would make your heart flutter?

A girl who appreciates and acknowledges the importance of whatever I do seems pretty good~ although it’s a great feeling knowing that I'm the only one in my partner’s eyes, placing me in first in her heart brings some kind of burden as well (laughs). It’s alright for her to place herself first and then your family. I’m fine as long as I’m in the 3rd or 4th place in my partner’s heart. If it’s below 5th place… then this will require some thinking (laughs). But if she can enjoy life and I can be part of the happiness in her life, I’m already content. To have a lover who can allow me to continuously deepen my understanding of her, as our relationship extends longer, would be great.

Chansung, as a member of the rising, world-class idol group, 2PM, is also known as actor – Hwang Chansung. Regarding this vast entertainment area that allows for continuous talent expansion, what are the charms of being a singer and actor for Chansung?

Whether being a singer or an actor, we have to display a certain kind of emotion in different situations. But singers have to express a lot of emotion and meaning in the few lines of the lyrics in a 3-4 minute song. If you manage to touch the hearts of those listening to the song, you may succeed. The emotions expressed in such a short moment are very intense. But for actors, you have to make the audience feel that the storyline in the drama/film is actually happening to you and transmitting the emotions of the character to the audience. Actors rely on the realistic emotional aspect to express themselves. Whether it’s being a singer or an actor, both professions have their individual charms. Not just in <Level 7 Civil Servant>, I hope that everyone will be able to see me perform in different dramas and films in the future. Please anticipate 2PM’s and my own future activities!

[Level 7 Civil Servant]

This drama involves a romantic and entertaining storyline revolving around the characters within the NIS. Chansung plays the role of Gong Doha – an honest, courageous, fair, and highly skilled agent from the Special Forces who gets tangled in a love triangle with Kim Seo Won (played by Choi Kang Hee) and Han Gil Ro (played by Joo Won). Filled with action-packed, intense action scenes and an interesting love story, this drama is a must watch.

[Rather than baby faced…]

In this drama, Chansung and his crush, Choi Kang Hee, have an age difference of over ten years. Regarding Choi Kang Hee, who has such an age difference with him, Chansung stated, “Kang Hee noona actually looks significantly younger (laughs). What’s most important is that, in reality during a conversation she wouldn’t give you the impression that there’s any age difference between us. Although she can be quite weird at certain times, it was great to get to know her.”


CREDITS: CS UNION (SCANS) ; Baozi&六方融雪@onlychanana.com (JPN > CHN TRANS) ;
x_tiffany_x@2ONEDAY.com (CHN > ENG TRANS)

No comments:

Post a Comment